Friday, August 17, 2007

Aisa Desh Hai Mera...

I got this mail from my bro who is settled in Australia. Relives some of good ol' memories...those were the days!!
------

Wish you all Happy 60th Independence Day!! As I write this email I am getting nostalgic remembering all those school years when it was such an important day for us kids. Our morning used to start by watching flag hosting at Red Fort and parade on TV. And then all the excitement of reaching school for the Independence Day celebration at Pavan Krida Ground. Parade by senior school students used to charge me most. I still remember thinking of joining Army someday while watching that parade. The flag hosting, various cultural programmes followed by Bundi Ke Packets...they are still fresh in my memory...and then back home I and my brother will do our own version of flag hosting. It involved tying towel to one end of a long bamboo with some flowers in it and tying it loosely with a rope. And then with a salute we used to pull the rope and the flowers used to fall on us with towel representing our tiranga!!! I miss them so much...

"At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom..."

Something worth viewing...

A R Rahman's National Anthem Version (a must see)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftD3gDA-5S0

Incredible India's promo version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlj8c5A8JY

I am so proud to be an Indian!! Once again Happy Independence Day!!
Cheers,
Girish
---------

No comments: